Children
are natural Scientists who have a knack for asking all the tough questions. One
“I gottcha” question children often ask is “where do babies come from?” While
parents struggle to answer satisfyingly, children often already have their own
theories and ideas about where babies come from. Here are a collection of testimonies
from parents about the ideas their children have regarding where babies come
from.
20. Front Door Delivery
"My son thought the doctor who
delivered him actually delivered him to our door! I corrected that real
quick."
19. Apple Seeds
"When my cousin was four he told
me he came from apple seeds. My daughter thought that mommies had the girls and
daddies had the boys."
18. Extra Long Kisses
"My kids saw someone kiss in a
Batman cartoon and said, 'That's where babies come from. But only when the
mommy and daddy kiss for a very long time.'"
17. Eggs
"My son said they come from eggs
that pop out of a mommy's butt."
16. Mom and Date ate too much Pizza
"My son told me I ate a ton of
pizza and got fat and then he popped out of my stomach naked and I dressed him
and gave him kisses."
15. Dirty Santa
"In our house, Santa is the
magical being that brings all kids of presents. So naturally, the kids were
convinced that Santa also brought babies. But when I asked them how he gets
them, my son responded, 'He steals them from other homes!'"
14. Baby Store
"When my son was 4 or 5, I asked
him where he thought babies came from. He said, 'The baby store! They have them
in cages and stuff.'"
13. Mommy's Mouth
"My son said, 'The baby builds a
ladder and crawls out the mother's mouth.'"
12. Magic!
"My son told me when mommies take
a baby pill, the baby grows. Then the mommy goes to the hospital, the doctor
puts a blanket on her, then yells 'Abra cadabra' and pulls the baby out."
11. Baby For Dinner
"My daughter (who was at the time,
age 3) told my sister-in-law (who was pregnant at the time) that she 'ate the
baby and was going to poop it out.'"
10. From Holes, 'no pun'
"My 3-year-old son found a hole in
the back yard and told me his baby was going to crawl out of it. No idea where
that came from -- I'm definitely not pregnant."
9. McDonald's Exposed
"My cousin's daughter thinks
McDonald's has a special recipe for babies. So if a mom wants a baby, she has
to go order the McBaby and then it grows in her tummy until she poops it
out."
8. Morning Sickness Explained
"I throw up so much while
pregnant, so when we told our 4-year-old that Mommy was growing a baby in her
tummy, he pondered it a while and then said, "So when the baby needs to
come out, will you just throw up lots and lots and the baby will come
out?"
7. Great Catch! Daddy Should Play Quarter Back
"My oldest originally thought he
jumped out of a plane over the hospital and Daddy caught him."
6. AB-C Section
"My oldest son told me that my
husband cut a hole in my stomach and put his brother in. And when my younger
son was ready to come out, the doctor opened the hole back up."
5. School Days Tales
"When I was in fifth grade there
was a kid in sixth grade who told everyone at the lunch table that the husband
puts his penis into the wife's belly button and pees, and then she poops out a
kid later!"
4. Only One Option
"I'm almost 17 weeks with third
and my older kids are 5 and 7. My 5 year old was asking where babies come from
and my son (the 7-year-old) pipes up, 'Only girls can have babies! You see,
boys have pushed out little willies and the babies have nowhere to go. They
can't fit.' I left it at that."
3. Simple Logic
"My son said to me, 'Well, toys
come from Toys"R"Us, so babies come from Babies"R"Us.' He
thought you could order them online like toys. I went with it for a couple
years -- much easier than the truth."
2. No Veggies!
"My 4-year-old says babies come
from vegetables. 'That's why I don't eat them,'he says! Nice try, kid."
1. If Mom Swallowed Then you wouldn't be Here Now
“My daughter asked me if I had "swallowed" her and her twin brother when they were in my belly”




















No comments:
Post a Comment